Ontario is full of talented designers, amazing boutiques, and spectacular small business services from Answering services to Zoo’s, unique in their own specialized way. Some now have online options that make the “Stay at Home Order” more convenient.
This month’s edition has been inspired by a new Cancom Answering Solutions customer Enjoy Muskoka Realty, https://enjoymuskoka.com/ for all their front desk real estate needs. They were offered a cheaper American price but chose to shop locally… Thank you for that!
This has certainly been an unprecedented year with many unknowns and multiple changes throughout. Small business’ are suffering or have been forced to close due to this pandemic. Shopping locally for product and services are extremely important right now. All you need is out there, you just need to research the perfect fit for you or your business. You may also want to check out your local Chamber of Commerce or Board of Trade for local business’ in your area.
“ONTARIO TRYING TO MAKE IT EASIER FOR YOU TO SHOP LOCAL
Ontario has launched a new website to make shopping local easier.
Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters, with the support of the Ontario government, is launching a new Ontario Made Consumer Directory.
Officials say the guide will make it easier for shoppers to find made-in-Ontario products while supporting local businesses and manufacturers.
The announcement was made today by Premier Doug Ford, Vic Fedeli, Minister of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade, and Dennis Darby, President & CEO of Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters, at Napoleon, in Barrie.
“As local manufacturers have proven time and time again during this pandemic, they can make anything. Ontario-made products are second to none in quality and excellence,” said Premier Ford. “That’s why I’m proud to support this new CME campaign to encourage Ontarians to look for the ‘Ontario Made’ label when shopping. Our manufacturers were there for us during the pandemic, whether it was making PPE or keeping supply chains strong. Let’s all support them in turn and shop local.”” By Bonnie Heslop, iHeartRadio, Oct. 29, 2020
Another fantastic article,
Thanks to all our supporters for shopping locally. Let’s continue to work together to rebuild our community and Province. We are all in this together!
NEW – Recipe of the month Club
With the “Stay at Home Order” my daughters and I have been learning lots about baking and trying different recipes. Some have been successful and some, not so much. The successful ones will become part of Our Recipe of the Month Club. Hope you enjoy as much as we did!
Kaley’s Orange Sherbet
Ingredients Supplies Needed
- 8 cups milk Measuring cups and spoons
- 3 cups sugar Large Pot and large bowl
- ½ cup honey Baking Tray (lasagna size)
- 8 large oranges Spoon
- 2 lemons Electric mixer
- In a large pot, heat the milk, sugar and honey to almost boiling. Remove from heat and carefully pour into a baking tray. Set aside to cool.
- When the milk mixture is cool, place the baking tray in the freezer and freeze until slushy.
- While the milk mixture is in the freezer, juice the oranges and lemons.
- Pour the milk mixture into a large bowl. Add the orange juice and lemon juice. Mix with an electric mixer until the sherbet is smooth and fluffy.
- Return the sherbet to the baking tray and freeze for 3 more hours.
- Scoop into dessert bowls and garnish with fresh raspberries or your favourite toppings